Prof. Andreas Obermair is a Brisbane-based, RANZCOG accredited Certified Gynaecological Oncologist (CGO) and holds an appointment as a full Professor at the University of Queensland.
Prof. Obermair operates his private practice as a Gynaecological Oncologist from his consulting suite at Greenslopes Private Hospital and he also visits the Sunshine Coast.
Prof. Obermair is the Director of Research in Gynaecological Oncology and works part-time as a Staff Specialist Gynaecological Oncologist at the Queensland Centre for Gynaecological Cancer at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital in Brisbane, Queensland.
Prof. Obermair is council member of the International Gynaecological Cancer Society (IGCS) and has been appointed as the Scientific Program Chair for the Biennial Meeting of IGCS from 8 to 11 November 2014 in Melbourne.
Prof. Obermair will see patients complex gynaecological conditions
- Prophylactic surgery after breast cancer,
- Prophylactic surgery for BRCA or Lynch syndrome,
- Surgery to remove ovaries in patients who had a hysterectomy previously,
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for abnormal uterine bleeding,
- Endometriosis surgery.
Patients with Gynaecological Cancer
- Suspicious pelvic masses,
- Ovarian cancer,
- Uterine (Endometrial) cancer,
- Cervical cancer,
- Vulval and vaginal cancer,
- Gestational Trohoblast Disease.
- Australian Society of Gynaecological Oncology
- Australian and New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group (Board member)
- International Gynaecologic Cancer Society (Council member)
- European Society of Gynecologic Oncology
- Austrian Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Austrian Society of Colposcopy