Prof. Andreas Obermair is a Brisbane-based, RANZCOG accredited Certified Gynaecological Oncologist (CGO). He is a full Professor at the University of Queensland and leads the Queensland Centre for Gynaecological Cancer (QCGC) Research.
Prof. Obermair operates his private practice as a Gynaecological Oncologist from his consulting suite at Greenslopes Private Hospital and he regularly visits the Sunshine Coast. He also holds an appointment as a part-time staff specialist at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital in Brisbane, Queensland.
Prof. Obermair also co-founded the Cherish Women's Cancer Foundation to raise funds for urgently needed resworks partearch into cuases and better treatments for gynaecological cancer.
Prof. Obermair will see patients with complex gynaecological conditions
- Prophylactic surgery after breast cancer,
- Prophylactic surgery for BRCA or Lynch syndrome,
- Surgery to remove ovaries in patients who had a hysterectomy previously,
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for abnormal uterine bleeding,
- Endometriosis surgery.
Patients with Gynaecological Cancer
- Complex pelvic masses,
- Ovarian cancer,
- Uterine (Endometrial) cancer,
- Cervical cancer,
- Vulval and vaginal cancer,
- Gestational Trohoblast Disease.
- Australian Society of Gynaecological Oncology
- Australian and New Zealand Gynaecological Oncology Group
- International Gynaecologic Cancer Society (Council member)
- European Society of Gynecologic Oncology
- Austrian Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Austrian Society of Colposcopy